OUR RAW MATERIALS:
NOT ONLY NATURAL AND ORGANIC QUALITIES
Over the centuries, plants have been the main source of medicinal ingredients for humans, providing valuable biologically active substances. Up to now, many plant species have been used, and plant active ingredients are increasingly used not only in the pharmaceutical and pharma-cosmetic sector but also in many others.
Hydroponically grown Plant Stem Cell Technology now introduces a new era: Going Beyond Organic and Biodynamic offering the most advanced phyto-chemicals available in their purest and most intensive form... obtain the best from nature for the benefit of everyone... both man and the environment. Creating the gentlest footprint on the Planet whilst celebrating Nature's genious.
PLANT ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: A RESOURCE TO BE OPTIMISED. The Problems:
the presence of pollutants, such as heavy metals, pesticides, toxins in the environment strongly undermines the safety and quality of active ingredients. The incorrect identification of plants, environmental contamination and adulteration are widely understood problems.
the availability of plants depends on uncontrollable factors:
- geographical and climatic restrictions
- the safeguarding of protected species
- growing times (balsamic period)
- the decay of active ingredients during the plant storage phase
- difficulty in extracting the active ingredient and consequent wide use of solvents with a high negative environmental impact.
According to some experts, hundreds of medicinal plants risk extinction due to indiscriminate collection and deforestation.
environmental and technological variables are an important barrier to guaranteeing purity and a standardised end product.
In fact, the profile and concentration of secondary metabolites (Actives) produced by plants largely depends on environmental conditions and growth, which are intrinsically variable from season to season.
THE IDEAL ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
TOTAL QUALITY AND INFINITE QUANTITY WITHOUT NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT.
THE LIMITED EXISTING SOLUTIONS.
1. Certified organic cultivation and increasing random checks during the different processing stages: this measure greatly assists increasing potency of pure plant actives however does not ensure the complete absence of pollutants.
2. Sustainable Wild Harvesting: this measure greatly assists in harvesting pure plant actives however does not ensure the complete presence of desired active ingredients as they may vary from plant to plant and season to season.
3. An increasing demand for Active Raw Ingredients determines the plant selection and implementation of traditional cultivation and traditional extraction methods, causing over-exploitation of land previously allocated for food production or undistrubed wildness. Despite a focus on improvement, current production processes are characterised by low product yield, yet high consumption of resources and high carbon dioxide production.
4. We have moved a long way towards the guarantee of acceptable raw ingredient standards only by applying strict protocols for wild harvesting, organic cultivation and petrochemical free extraction from our suppliers, however it is impossible to fully control environmental conditions.
Hydroponically Grown Plant Stem Cell Technology
1. Free from any type of pollutant and absolutely sterile.
2. Unlimited availability, without negative effect on our environment.
3. Guaranteed high active intensity... often greater than 1,000 times more potent than the dry weight of the original plant.
4. A path of continuous improvement due to natural selection from our cell bank.
PLANT ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
OUR MISSION, LOWEST NEGATIVE IMPACT ON OUR PLANET AND OPTIMUM RESULTS FOR OUR CLIENTS
Eco-sustainable biotechnological processes:
With our strong focus on eco-sustainable biotechnological processes, our mission is to research, produce and ensure the delivery of pure plant active ingredients with exceptional quality for our dermatological-cosmetics... rich in healthy nutritional benefit and optimal end results. This operational philosophy primarily focuses on the following values:
- Profit as a necessity rather than our primary goal;
- Encouraging and improving the health and wellbeing of our end users;
- Guaranteeing maximum purity, efficacy and safety in our products;
- Safeguarding natural resources, supporting certified organic agriculture, encouraging wild harvesting and seeking fair trade, whilst actively promoting the ecological balance and biodiversity of our Planet.
Hydroponic Stem Cells... The ideal profile for plant active ingredients:
- free from any type of pollutant, since plant stem cells are grown in a sterile and protected environment, without pesticides, heavy metals and aflatoxins;
- no GMOs, as the DNA of plant cells remains intact and selection of new cell lineage is achieved by individual cell analysis and not genetic modification;
- with guaranteed highest efficacy, thanks to ongoing selection of cells that produce more of the active ingredient;
- unlimited consistent active availability, using a biotechnological process that fully respects the environment.
FROM THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT TO PRODUCTION: THE ABSOLUTE IDEAL
The Active ingredients from plant cell cultures under strictly controlled conditions, guarantees us the best standardisation profile and safety available... exceeding the limit of the plant biological cycle and maintaining its optimal natural conditions of growth and development.
WHAT IS A PLANT STEM CELL?
It may be a leaf, a flower or a seed. Only a small amount of plant tissue is required to find specific active substances.
This small amount, however, requires in-depth scientific and technological knowledge to produce secondary active metabolites.
exceeding the limit of the plant biological cycle and maintaining its optimal natural conditions of growth and development.
THE PUREST ACTIVES WITH THE LIGHTEST ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT
1000 times greater concentration
of actives with 1000 times less impact
on the Planet ...
leaving valuable land and water resources free to grow food rather than Cosmetics.
WHAT ARE PHENYLPROPANOIDS?
Phenylpropanoids are found throughout the plant kingdom, where they serve as essential components of a number of structural polymers, provide protection from ultraviolet light, defend against herbivores and pathogens, mediate plant-pollinator interactions as floral pigments and scent compounds.
In plants the meristematic cells are rare and phenylpropanoids are at very low concentrations: 0.01% of the dried weight...
In contrast our biotech cells are all meristemic cells and allow for concentrations of phenylpropanoids up to 1,000 times higher than they would be found in the dried plant mass.
OUR HYDROPONIC BIOTECHNOLOGIES
Our Hydroponic Biotechnologies create the highest concentration of pure plant active ingredients with the lowest ecological impact.
They are produced in an eco-sustainable way with no impoverishment of our Planet's Flora.
The technology is grown in test tubes in the laboratory and therefore uses negligable soil occupancy... freeing soils to be cultivated for food rather than cosmetics.
Our Stem Cell technology also reduces the load on precious water to produce our actives... by way of contrast, to produce one kilogram of stem cells in the laboratory requires one tonne of water, compared to 1,379 tonnes of water to cultivate enough plant material to harvest and extract the same one kilogram of active ingredient form traditional agriculture.